GulfQuest National Maritime Museum of the Gulf of Mexico 4th of July Celebration
Mobile, AL, May 2, 2019 – GulfQuest National Maritime Museum of the Gulf of Mexico is excited to announce its 4th of July Celebration! Family-friendly festivities for all ages will take place from 2-9 p.m. on Thursday, July 4, 2019.
Enjoy multiple activities on the Riverfront Promenade overlooking the Mobile River to keep the entire family entertained, including an inflatable Tropical Water Slide for children. For only $5.00 per child, attendees will enjoy unlimited access to this massive water slide, so be sure to bring your towel and sunscreen. Other fun activities for the family to enjoy include cornhole and a sidewalk chalk competition. Activities will be located outside on the Riverfront Promenade.
In addition to the outdoor festivities, GulfQuest National Maritime Museum exhibits will be open from 2-7 p.m. with a $5.00 per person admission. Guests can enjoy 90 interactive exhibits, simulators, theaters and displays. Exhibit galleries are housed on a life-sized replica of a container ship and are located throughout eight decks in the 90,000 sq. ft. museum. Treasures, the museum’s store, will be open and provides a wide variety of specialty items for any personal or gift-giving needs.
Guests should come hungry. The Galley, GulfQuest’s in-house restaurant, will offer barbq sandwiches, hamburgers and hot dogs available for purchase from 2-9 p.m. outside on the Riverfront Promenade.
The City of Mobile will culminate the evening at 9 p.m. with a spectacular fireworks display backed by the Mobile Pops overlooking the Mobile River, along with a band in the amphitheater immediately following. You won’t want to miss it!
$5 per person tickets for the waterslide or exhibit admission may be purchased via the following links:
Highlights of the Celebration will include:
GulfQuest National Maritime Museum Exhibits and Treasures
· $5 per person exhibit admission fee. Enjoy 90 interactive exhibits, simulators, theaters and displays from 2-7 p.m.
· Treasures, the museum’s store, will be open from 2-7 p.m.
Inflatable Tropical Water Slide for Children
· The slide will be located in Cooper Riverside Park.
· Bring a towel and $5.00 per child for unlimited access. This slide will be open from 2-7 p.m.
Food and Drinks on the Riverfront Promenade
· The Galley will be serving barbq sandwiches, hamburgers and hot dogs throughout the day on the Riverfront Promenade and will be open inside the museum as well from 2-9 p.m.
· Beer and mixed drinks will be available from 2-9 p.m.
Variety of activities on the Riverfront Promenade
· Children and adults alike will enjoy cornhole, tattoos and a sidewalk chalk competition.
· Flag Retirement by Boy Scout Troop #20 will also be located on the Riverfront Promenade.
· $5 event parking will be available in the GulfQuest lot.
The mission of GulfQuest National Maritime Museum of the Gulf of Mexico is “To inspire people of all ages and backgrounds to understand and appreciate the Gulf Coast’s rich maritime heritage through hands-on exhibits, programs and activities.” Located on the waterfront in downtown Mobile, guests can enjoy 90 interactive exhibits, simulators, theaters and displays. Exhibit galleries are housed on a life-sized replica of a container ship and are located throughout eight decks in the 90,000 sq. ft. museum.
Daily operating hours (beginning May 25) are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Tuesday-Saturday and 12-5 p.m. on Sundays. Located at 155 South Water Street in Mobile, AL, GulfQuest also has rental facilities for private events, birthday parties and educational needs.